Thursday, May 13, 2010

sheesh

Well, it's been some time (okay, I admit, it's been a L-O-N-G time) between posts.

So much has been happening so I'll try and give you a quick run-down.  

I was very fortunate to be involved in the setting up of an Op Shop late last year.  It opened it's doors in August and we have been so blessed with many wonderful donations, and regular customers.  Business is booming - so much so that we had to expand into part of the shop next to us ... but that's a whole other post in itself!

Little Miss turned 2 ... Oh my goodness! Two! 2 is that age that someone just flicks the switch and they turn from fun to frightful!  I am very much hoping that the 2 year old behaviour only lasts about 3 or 4 weeks more (that's quite enough I think)... but the realist in me knows this is unlikely.

Miss 8 is due to turn 9 on Sunday.  She has had a wonderful time since I last blogged.  Although, I might add she did also have a bit of a nightmare time just around November, when she took a test for skating that she didn't pass.  She was devestated.  Coach wanted her to re-sit the test in December, but we actually have pushed it out this far.  So she will be doing the test again next month.  Fingers Crossed she passes with flying colours this time.

She happened to get the opportunity to go to Bali just recently.  Without me! Yes, I let her go overseas on her own without her mum & dad.   No, she really wasn't on her own, she was with her great Aunt & Uncle.  Of course she had a wonderful time, but in true 8 yr old fashion, when asked what the best part of Bali was on her return, she answers "the pool at the hotel"... sheesh I could have let you just go to the pool here if I knew that was going to be the highlight of your trip!     With lots of probing however, I did find out that of course she didn't mean the pool was the best bit - it was patting a 12 month old tiger cub!! {I was so jealous just hearing that}   But she did make some wonderful friends at the pool, and got some email addresses, so no doubt she will be hassling me with lots and lots of requests to use the computer so she can email her friends.

1 comment: